According to z100 (my favorite station as a teen that somehow became a pop station circa 1997), these are the top 10 songs of 2011:
10. Maroon 5 F/Christina Aguilera - Moves Like Jagger
9. Lady Gaga - Born This Way
8. Bruno Mars - Grenade
7. Onerepublic - Good Life
6. Enrique Iglesias - Tonight
5. Adele - Rolling In The Deep
4. LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
3. Britney Spears - Till The World Ends
2. Pitbull F/Ne-Yo - Give Me Everything
1. Katy Perry - E.T.
It makes me feel sort of old that I don't really like any of these songs that much. And I've never even heard the Iglesias song.
It makes me feel even older that my daughter actually really likes a number of these songs. I heard her singing Party Rock Anthem the other day.
(To be fair, I did like a couple of them before they got overplayed ad nauseum.)