Saturday, November 3, 2012

Weekly Whine: Tootsie Rolls

My kids went Trick or Treating this week. What did they dress up as? They were both Rapunzel. Oh, the humanity!

They collected a fair amount of candy, a significant portion of which was tootsie rolls. Observe:


After the kids were asleep, my husband started yanking them out of the candy basket in a fit of anger, ranting about how tootsie rolls are the absolutely worst candy, nobody likes tootsie rolls, and why do they even bother to make this disgusting candy anymore?

Then he made me take a photo of the tootsie rolls and insisted I make it a weekly whine.

I sort of agree. I think tootsie rolls aren't that great (although I do like the new fruit-flavored ones), but I don't think they're the absolute worst candy. I think the worst candy is probably Snickers. Objectively. I only say that because when people bring in their Halloween candy on November 1st, it's always the Snickers that are left over at the end of the day. I'd definitely eat a tootsie roll over a Snickers bar.

24 comments:

  1. Feel free to send me your leftovers. I love both Tootsie rolls and Snickers. Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we do agree on one thing: tootsie rolls are revolting.

    (I do like Snickers however.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wrote a post in this! I agree with you and the hubby - tootsie rolls and snickers are disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to have forgotten Necco wafers. You (and your husband) can't possibly think that Tootsie rolls or Snickers are worse than Necco Wafers.

    I refuse to believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Tootsie rolls. They can stay in my bag indefinitely and are still edible...unlike chocolate, which turns funky colors. Granted, I don't eat candy in general but I always liked getting Tootsie rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree with you - tootsie rolls are the worst, and seem to be in every single mixed candy bag you can buy. The horror!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 100% crazy talk. Snickers are always the first to disappear from any candy dish in my opinion. Without a doubt, candy corn sucks most of all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tootsie rolls and snickers are both great!! I love them both!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, you are incorrect. Snickers are awesome. raisins are the absolute worst.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You forgot about the nasty, sticky, black or orange wrapped candy that tastes faintly of peanut butter but mostly like cardboard. Those are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I forgot about those! Those are definately the worst. Even worse than the sesame honey sticks.
      This really took me back.

      Delete
  11. I love tootsie rolls! They use to be the first thing I ate out of my candy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love tootsie rolls. Snickers too. I think I love all candy. I must still be a kid at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snickers are left over? Whaa? They're always the first thing to go (along with peanut butter cups) where I am. The ones left over are usually the fruit flavored tootsie rolls... or the odd flavored Dum Dums.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Snickers is my favorite! I will take any left overs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nah, I want the Twizzlers and the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. And definitely, don't give me any of those disgusting pop corn balls.

    ReplyDelete
  16. craziness! I love tootsie rolls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love tootsie rolls and snickers! Snickers are always the first to go where I am. I think the worst are dum dums and smarties.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Snickers are my favorite! Can I have yours? The worst candy ever is those caramels and cow tail things. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know one person who doesn't like snickers!...or tootsie rolls! yum!

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't make kittie litter cake without tootsie rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hate 2 kinds of candy: buttered popcorn jelly bellies and jordan almonds. Malted milk balls make me sick.

    I LOVE tootsie rolls, though! And snickers!

    ReplyDelete