Thursday, February 21, 2013

Oh Yeah

My toddler's new favorite word is "yeah." As in, if I ask her if she wants a cracker, she'll say, "Yeah."

I remember a while back, I was at some playground and I heard a mom scolding her son for saying "yeah." She instructed him, "Say yes."

I feel like I have better uses for my time than forcing my one-year-old to say "yes" instead of "yeah." But still, it's pretty funny when she says it.

Me: "I don't understand why she always says 'yeah'."

Husband: "It's because we always say 'yeah', that's why."

Me: "No, we don't."

Husband: "Well, what's a situation where we'd say 'yes' instead of 'yeah'?"

Me: "Like, if someone asked you if you were a God, you'd say yes."

Husband: "..."

Me: "What?! It's true!"


(If you don't know what movie I'm referencing, this punch line will make absolutely no sense to you.)

2 comments: