Stages of reading an ECG while on call:
1) Walk all the way across the length of the hospital to read ECG on patient so that I could rule out MI and let him finally eat
2) Arrive on ward only to be told by the clerk that the ECG never happened... she thought I wanted it for the morning.
3) Write a NOW order for ECG and walk all the way back across the hospital to admitting
4) Arrive at admitting and immediately get paged by patient's nurse, saying that there was a mistake and the ECG had been done
5) Go back across hospital to read normal EKG
6) Go back to admitting, collapse into a chair, and drank about a bottle of water.