Saturday, July 13, 2013

Weekly Whine: Fight Scenes

I feel like lately I've been noticing the fight scenes in movies go on for way, way too long.

I mean, I get that you want to build suspense about who's going to win, but seriously, how long can you watch two people punching each other? I may as well go to a boxing match.

If a fight scene involves multiple surfaces, meaning first they're fighting on land, then on a train, then on a boat, that's just too much. A fight should involve a MAXIMUM of two surfaces.

If a movie is over two hours long and the fight scene goes on for like 30 straight minutes, please, for the love of God, cut out the fight on the motorboat.

10 comments:

  1. LMAO - fight scenes in movies are how I distinguish a Chick Flick from a Dick Flick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaaa A dick flick...

    Fizz, you're no fun. You're also hilarious.

    I dunno why this reminds of that fighting chicken in Family Guy..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had this same feeling watching Ironman 3 this spring and *especially* during the new Star Trek movie. So boring and long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Star Trek movie was what inspired this post.

      Delete
    2. Then you definitely don't want to see the new superman movie.

      Delete
    3. The worst part of that scene is how much it reminded me of Episode II with its endless CGI action sequences. Of course, only moments before a giant spaceship had just crashed into downtown San Francisco and levelled much of the city.

      Delete
    4. OMG, I immediately thought of the new Superman movie. I recently watched the old one. I swear the new one has 1/2 of the dialogue. Apparently dick flicks don't involve words.

      Delete
    5. Words are for women! REAL Men talk with their fists!

      Delete
  4. this does not apply to james bond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like someone saw Fast 6 this weekend

    ReplyDelete