I have a lot of apples now. This is my most amazing apple pie recipe, the best apple pie I ever tasted:
* 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
* 1/2 cup unsalted butter
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup water
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
2. Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work of crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
Any delicious and easy recipes involving apples?
I made some apple pancakes Sunday morning. Just google Veronica's apple pancakes. It's on allrecipes.com. Really easy & delicious! I added walnuts to the batter &to extra cinnamon.ReplyDelete
Peel, core & dice enough apples to fill 9x9!pan 3/4 full. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture (optional)
Topping: mix 1/2 c softened butter with 1/2 c brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 c oatmeal, 1/2 c flour. Mix until crumbly (add more oatmeal or flour if too moist, apple juice or apple sauce if too dry). Bake at 350 25-30 minutes til filling is bubbly & topping starts to brown.
No cinnamon in your pie?ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Sorry about the deleted comment, the formatting in the recipe was really wonky.ReplyDelete
This recipe if from one of my Great Aunties. Really Delicious
Fresh Apple Cake
4 C. diced (coarse) apples
½ C. oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs, well beaten
1 C. chopped nuts
1 C. sugar
2 C. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
Mix dry ingredients & stir in the apples & nuts, in another bowl mix the eggs, oil, and vanilla. Add to the apples and dry ingredients. Mix well and press into a foil lined or greased & floured 13”x9” baking pan. Bake for 1 hour at 350º F.
Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting or sprinkle with powdered sugar. Or eat plain!