1. Never finish scrubbing in before your attending
2. When the entirety of the room yells at you for breaking sterility, apologize profusely and go back out and scrub. If someone else breaks sterility, keep your mouth shut
3. If someone elbows you in the face, you are at fault
4. The first rule of draping the patient is to not contaminate yourself. The second rule is to actually section off a sterile field.
5. Preface all requests with 'I'm sorry to bother you but would you mind passing me the ____'
6. When adjusting the lights for your attending move them away from the field first so that when you bring them back, everything looks brighter
7. Actually being able to see what's going on is overrated