Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Dr. Orthochick: Own it

Resident 1: Dude, you said "osteofart" instead of "osteophyte" in conference this morning.
Resident 2: Really? I get so nervous when I'm up there that I don't know what I'm saying.
Me: Oh come on, you gotta own it now. Like how I own "spontaneous vaginal deformity" and PD owns "interanal condyle" and Jared owns "depth of penetration"--
Resident 3: And I own "it eats out the PCL"
Resident 4: And i own "you whack off the condyle."

To quote Douglas Adams, "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be."

3 comments:

  1. Patient: Doctor, I wanted the brand name, not the genetic!
    Doctor: You mean generic?
    Patient: (Annoyed) Just write out a new subscription for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these owned unintentional tongue slips! Two of my classmates will always own "I'm going in now," and "I'm almost finished" during pelvic exam (thankfully on standardized patients...).

    ReplyDelete
  3. During my third year of podiatry school, I was working on a patient doing C&C's (corns and callouses). The man was a diabetic with really thick callouses. Accidentally I cut him, but it didn't register with him (diabetic neuropathy). Naturally, I apologized but he played it down. " It's just a scratch," he said. At the end of the day, one of the clinicians turned to me and said, " Hey Scratch!, how's it going?" Thankfully, the nickname didn't stick. - Paul

    ReplyDelete