I try not to get TOO political on this blog, but what the hell, it's my blog and I can write about what I want...
When I first heard Trump's comments with Billy Bush, I was more amused than anything. I mean, we ALL knew this was what Trump was like... this was just verification. And it was also amusing that of all the Bushes, it ended up being Billy Bush who brought Trump down.
But the more I hear people talk about this, the more angry I get. It's a well known statistic that 25% of women are sexually assaulted by age 18. I'm a woman and I have two daughters. It's horrifying that it's not only acceptable to "joke" (let's assume it was a joke, although i have my doubts) about sexually assaulting a woman. If that's "locker room talk," then locker room talk is unacceptable. If that's a joke that it's okay to make even in private, then there's something really wrong with our society.
Whatever his other politics are, I think it's horrifying to put a man who thinks that way and talks that way up as a role model for our entire country. What message are we sending to women? To young people?
People keep pointing out that Bill Clinton did it. JFK did it. Other politicians did it. Well, George Washington owned slaves, so does that make it okay? What Bill Clinton did wasn't okay and what Trump said (and likely did) isn't okay either. We need to move away from that, not repeat the same mistakes.
A lot of people in this country don't respect women. This is part of why we get paid less for doing the same job. And why so many women get sexually harassed and assaulted, and a lot of the time don't/can't even say anything about it. Because it's so acceptable.
Sexually assaulting a woman should be something that a man should be deeply ashamed to joke about, even in a "locker room" situation (whatever that means). The fact that Trump is clearly not ashamed, in spite of his bogus apology, is deeply troubling, as is the fact that so many people don't think he should be ashamed and simply accept that this is the way men are allowed to talk.
I assume you don't listen to women talk either.ReplyDelete
Being a man in an office full of women, a hospital full of women, and that I went to college that was majority women, I can tell you women can match that conversation beat for beat.
No, i can't say I have ever in my life heard a woman joke about being able to sexually assault men.Delete
Anonymous, you are an idiot. If that's the way women around you really talk, then they are some low life pieces of shit. Any man who speaks like that is also a low life piece of shit. Any respectful, sane person does not speak that way. Donald Trump's "locker room talk" wasn't just crude humor, it was advocating sexual assault. There is a difference.Delete
Oh, poor oppressed male! He has to worry everyday that he will be assaulted or raped by women when he goes out. Women are historically so dominant and dangerous to men.Delete
You probably believe in reverse racism as well.
Hey, Anonymous - none of you in your office/hospital/college are running for President of the United State...ReplyDelete
If you think Donald Trump’s comments are vulgar, check out Hillary’s potty mouth
By Mark J. Fitzgibbons
Note: If you are offended by vulgar language, do not read this.
- “Just get that [F-ing dog] out of my way,” said to Secret Service K-9 handler.
- “Where is the God damn flag? I want the God damn fucking flag up every morning at fucking sunrise”. Hillary to staff at the Arkansas Governor’s mansion on Labor Day 1991. From the book “Inside the White House” by Ronald Kessler, p. 244
- “Fuck off! It’s enough I have to see you shit-kickers every day! I’m not going to talk to you, too! Just do your Goddamn job and keep your mouth shut.” Hillary to her State Trooper bodyguards after one of them greeted her with “Good Morning.” From the book “America Evita” by Christopher Anderson, p.90
- “If you want to remain on this detail, get your fucking ass over here and grab those bags!” Hillary to a Secret Service Agent who was reluctant to carry her luggage because he wanted to keep his hands free in case of an incident. From the book “The First Partner” p. 25
- “Stay the fuck back, stay the fuck back away from me! Don’t come within ten yards of me, or else! Just fucking do as I say, Okay!!?” Hillary screaming at her Secret Service detail. From the book “Unlimited Access” by Clinton ‘s FBI Agent-in-Charge, Gary Aldridge, p.139
- “Where’s the miserable cock sucker?” (otherwise known as “Bill Clinton”) Hillary shouting at a Secret Service officer. From the book “The Truth about Hillary” by Edward Klein, p. 5
- “You fucking idiot” Hillary to a State Trooper who was driving her to an event. From the book “Crossfire” ~pg. 84
- “Put this on the ground! I left my sunglasses in the limo. I need those fucking sunglasses! We need to go back!” Hillary to Marine One helicopter pilot to turn back while in route to Air Force One. From the book ” Dereliction of Duty” p. 71-72
- “Come on Bill, put your dick up! You can’t fuck her here!!” Hillary to Gov. Bill Clinton when she spots him talking with an attractive female. From the book “Inside the White House” by Ronald Kessler, p. 243
She is running for POTUS.
So..... I should be upset that she said "fuck"?Delete
I'm not THAT big a prude....
I don't think any of this comes remotely close to bragging about sexually assaulting women.
Are you really comparing this to what Donald Trump said? Even if half of this is true (which to be honest, I highly doubt most of it is accurate),this is nowhere near advocating sexual assault against women. It's people like you who are what's wrong with this country.Delete
I felt exactly the same way you did, Fizzy. Thought it was just his standard attitude, not surprising, then thought about it and got pretty upset. And I agree, this is about moving forward and not repeating mistakes. And HE is the one running for president. Last I recalled, Bill is not running for president at this time.ReplyDelete
And agree about Billy Bush! For the record, I didn't know until last night that he was a Bush cousin. I was not super surprised, it kind of made sense.... Creeper.
I don't know about the Billy Bush. I dont do TV or movies. What I do is watch everyone argue/discuss/fight over Clinton/Trump.ReplyDelete
Today I saw a guy demonstrating on a major street corner in the major city in the area with a sign saying F Donald Trump. The next intersection I saw GAYS 4 TRUMP and bumper stickers like with pictures of Clinton and they would read stuff like LOCK HER UP.
I just laugh. Nothing either of them do surprise me and they are both an embarrassment to the world of showing how low America has sunk that this is what we put up for the highest office in the land.
I'm not surprised-Trump went to the Bob Filner School of Charm.ReplyDelete
I'm with you, Fizzy.ReplyDelete
Anon 10:50, stop conflating vulgar language with sexual assault language; the two are not the same.
I've read all your books, rated them all as 5, and will read all of your future books. I love your writing. But when choosing who to vote for for President, we should look at the issues and what each of the candidates has done with their lives. Do we want a criminal as the President (someone who lies when her mouth is open, is deceitful, and is possibly a murderer)? No, I don't think so. Do we want someone who has lots of energy, who is brilliant, who has hired tens of thousands of people, who has amassed a fortune in buildings, golf courses, and hundreds of businesses, and who will hire the best and smartest people to fix all the current problems? I would say yes.ReplyDelete