Hi, welcome to what seems to be becoming my weekly whine. This is where I complain about something and then everyone gets inexplicably offended because omg someone complained about something on a blog.
This week I am complaining about my cleaning woman. Yes, I'm complaining about a woman who comes and cleans my apartment. Also, my diamond shoes are too tight and all these hundred dollar bills won't fit in my wallet, but those are topics for another entry. Anyway, this woman made a strong showing on her first day with us by cleaning the wrong apartment. Granted, she's the first cleaning woman I've ever employed, so I don't know if my standards are too high or something, but this woman has been a bimonthly source of stress for me for the following reasons:
1) We agreed to pay her $75 per session at the onset. After she finally cleaned our apartment the first time, she told me that it was going to be $100 for that session. I told her that she couldn't just decide how much she was going to charge us after it was over. Finally, she said if we paid her $100 for that first session, she'd charge us $70 from then on. Made no sense to me, but I agreed.
2) A few sessions later, she left us a note, saying she "tried to make it work, but she just couldn't find a way" to clean our apartment for $70, and she had to charge $75.
3) She refuses to clean our oven or microwave without an extra charge. She also doesn't do laundry.
4) A couple of months ago, she said she "couldn't possibly" take out our garbage anymore. I told her I was going to fire her (because, seriously, wtf?) and she changed her mind and somehow found a way.
5) She won't clean our dishes. This I think bothers me the most of all, because I throw all the dishes in the dishwasher before she comes, so there's generally just maybe two pots that aren't cleaned. She puts them in the sink and doesn't clean them. They would probably take about two minutes to clean, which is why there's something blatantly obnoxious about the fact that she refuses to do it.
6) This isn't her fault but I hate the fact that you have to pre-clean before a cleaning woman comes. I end up spending the entire night before picking up toys and getting the apartment clean so that she can clean. Probably the biggest utility of having a cleaning woman is that it forces me to clean.
7) Related to #6, she often reschedules on us. I don't mind so much, especially if she has a good reason, such as that six feet of snow just got dumped on the midwest, but sometimes her reasons are less predictable, and I wish she'd tell me the day before, so I didn't go through and tidy the whole apartment the night before so she could clean.
8) We suspect she may have broken one of our electronic devices by dropping it and not telling us.
9) She left me a note once, saying that she babysits, which is almost laughable, considering I barely trust her to clean.
Anyway, I think that covers it. Yet we keep her on because I just don't want to scrub the toilets.