Announcing the First Annual Medical Humor Writing Contest!
Here are the qualifications:
1) Must be at least 1000 words. There is no upper limit on word length.
2) Must relate to medicine in some way. I can be extremely flexible on this. It can be your experience as a premed, medical student, physician, nurse, physician assistant, or even patient. I would accept anything ranging from how you worked as a nurse treating ebola in Africa (or Colorado) to a medical school interview gone wrong.
3) Must have some element of humor. It does not have to be laugh out loud funny, but at least make me crack a tiny smile.
4) Deadline is October 15, 2014
5) Multiple submissions are permitted. There is no entry fee.
6) Must be HIPAA compliant (no patient identifiers)
What do you win?
First prize will be a $25 gift certificate on Amazon.
In order to have completely objective judging, Dr. Grumpy has agreed to help me by selecting among my favorite choices to anonymously pick the winner.
All submissions of reasonable quality will be collected and published in a book of medical stories that will be available on Amazon. By submitting, you are giving your approval to be included in this book. All profits from the book will be donated to Red Cross.
Email all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Writing Contest Entry. Make sure you include a title and byline.
Questions? Comments? Let's hear it!