Examples of bafflingly awful/annoying med student behaviors I observed in residency:
1) When I'm writing a note on the computer, leaning over my shoulder to watch me write the note.
2) Showing up late every single day. In the case of our last med student, showing up an hour and a half late every single day. And we don't start that early.
3) Interrupting me mid-sentence to ask the patient a question about a slogan on their T-shirt.
4) After observing me take a history and do a physical on a patient, attempting to take the chart away from me to present the patient to the attending herself.
5) After being told to look up a topic at about 10AM in the morning, leaving clinic and spending the entire day looking up articles on that topic (instead of seeing patients). When an attending says to look up a topic, that means look it up on your own time, at home.
6) Not showing up to one lecture in a month rotation.
7) Going in to examine a new patient without asking permission.
8) Staring at me while I dictate.
9) Asking too many personal, inappropriate questions of the residents.
10) Making an excuse to leave early every single day.